Welcome back to the final episode of our Summer Series. Today, Dua walks you, the lucky listener, through her "no-recipe" roast chicken, perfect for Sunday Roasts, casual weekday nights, or special dinners with friends and family. Follow Dua with this fool-proof method, regardless of your kitchen skills. Sharpen your knives and get ready to feast!
To get in touch, please send us an email or voice memo to firstname.lastname@example.org — and if you’re enjoying the show, make sure to subscribe so that you are the first to get all our new episodes.
You can follow @service95 on Instagram and Twitter for all Dua Lipa: At Your Service updates. To receive the Service95 newsletter, introduced each week by Dua, subscribe at www.service95.com
Watch along on YouTube: youtu.be/Bp5Zc-zgsFY
Dua Lipa’s Perfect Roast Chicken Recipe
- Take your chicken out of the fridge half an hour before cooking so it is room temperature and set your oven to 240°C (for American ovens, this is roughly equivalent to 450°F, or 465°F if you're able to change your oven temperature in 5° increments).
- Wash and prep your chosen vegetables. Chop the tops and bottoms off, then halve them widthwise then lengthways.
- Keep the skin on the red onions, chopping just the tops off, allowing the skin to fall off whilst cooking (dispose of the skin once it's fallen off during your cook). Repeat this step with your garlic.
- Add all your vegetables to a large metal roasting tin and lay your chicken atop them.
- Cover the contents of the tin in extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Take a handful of fresh or dried herbs of your choice and place atop the wings of the chicken and mix amongst the vegetables.
- Cut a fresh lemon in half and stuff inside the chicken.
- Before putting the chicken in the oven, turn the oven down to 200°C/ (for American ovens, 400°F)
- Put the chicken in to roast for 80 minutes, taking it out halfway through to baste with its own juices from the tin.
- Once the chicken is cooked, let it rest for 15 minutes before serving. Don't forget to dispose of the onion and garlic skins!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, Will Arnett